Friday, February 05, 2010

Chicago and Chicagoans




Sunny, Sara Molly and Maia put me up in Chicago while I was interviewing in the midwest. I really enjoyed meeting Molly and Maia. They were both very good readers. Molly knew the meaning of words I couldn't even pronounce. I enjoyed partaking in their family rituals from lighting the candles and breaking the bread, to dancing to Cindy Lauper's Girls Just Want to Have Fun. I told them about the upcoming folded book project and they have sent me the first donation of what I hope will be many for the June installation. To see pictures of of other books and get some ideas look at the Flyfishing blog.


While in Chicago, I also went downtown to the Art Institute and had lunch with Sunny. He's still working for the ACLU and advised me to get a BUST Card for the next time the police harass me. I told him about the arrest that I photographed last September and how the Syracuse police detained me and tried to extract my photos of the scene without a warrant. It scared me quire badly and I didn't know what to do. Next time, I'll be better prepared. For one, I have Sunny's number programmed into my phone now. Here he is at at his office.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors